Trans-Cab is a supplementary service offered by Milton Transit and a local taxi operator to provide premium door-to-door service for passengers in areas of reduced travel demand. Trans-Cab provides connections to and from Milton Transit via taxi at a designated transfer point.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- No evening service 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. until further notice; please use 62 Campbellville at bus stop ID# 2334 located at Regional Road 25 & Chisholm Drive
Regular Milton Transit fares apply, plus an additional $0.50 premium cash fare.
Booking a Trans-Cab Trip
- To book an inbound Trans-Cab trip (connecting from taxi to bus), call the Customer Information Line (905-864-4141) at least one hour before your desired departure time.
- To book an outbound Trans-Cab trip (connecting from bus to taxi), simply request a Trans-Cab connection to the Milton Transit bus operator upon boarding.
- Note: Passengers whose origin and destination remains within the Trans-Cab Service Area boundaries will be provided direct route service.
- Saturday morning Trans-Cab requests for travel between 7:10 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. must be made during Customer Call Centre Hours of Operation the day prior (Friday): 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday evening Trans-Cab requests for travel between 5:00 p.m. and 7:40 p.m. must be made during Customer Call Centre hours of operation: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Trans-Cab Transfer Point is located on Millside Dr. for connections with regular Milton Transit services. Passengers can be picked up or dropped off at either the north side or south side bus stop transfer locations, depending on direction of travel (Route 2, eastbound or westbound). Trans-Cab can only travel between a fixed origin or destination and the Transfer Point. See the Main & Millside timepoint on the 2 Main schedule for pick-up times.
The Trans-Cab Service Area is bounded by:
- Main St. at CP Rail Line (South Boundary)
- Industrial Dr. at Steeles Ave. (West Boundary)
- High Point Dr. at Park Hill Dr. (North Boundary)
- Thompson Rd. (East Boundary)
How to Use Trans-Cab
Travelling to the Trans-Cab transfer point via taxi to connect with Milton Transit
- Call Milton Transit (905-864-4141) one hour before your required trip and request a pick up. The customer service agent will dispatch a taxi on your behalf.
- Board the taxi and pay the regular fare plus the $0.50 premium to the driver. The driver will issue a Trans-Cab voucher and take you to the Trans-Cab transfer point.
- Depart the taxi and wait for 2 Main at the nearest bus stop going eastbound or westbound.
- Board the bus and deposit your Trans-Cab voucher in the bills section of the Milton Transit farebox. Request a transfer if necessary to connect with other Milton Transit bus routes at the Milton GO Station.
Travelling from the Trans-Cab transfer point via taxi from Milton Transit
- Board any Milton Transit bus and pay the regular fare plus $0.50 premium. Ask the bus driver to dispatch a Trans-Cab. The driver will arrange for a taxi to wait at the transfer point and will provide you with a Trans-Cab voucher. Request a transfer if you need to connect to Route 2 - Main.
- (Optional) Transfer to 2 Main at Milton GO if you are not currently on that bus route.
- At the Trans-Cab transfer point, depart the bus and board the taxi. You may be required to wait for your taxi to arrive as well as share a cab with other passengers.
- Present your Trans-Cab voucher to the taxi driver and provide the address of your drop-off location. Drop-offs will only be made in the Trans-Cab service area.
For more information or further assistance, please call the Customer Information Line at 905-864-4141.